Tuesday, May 30, 2006, 07:06 PMI spend a lot of time in clients' playrooms, so I have had a lot of time to think about toys. Bottom line: less is definitely more! A few well-placed, hand-picked toys will capture your child's attention far more than a big messy pile.
1) Always purge your toys before a birthday or other gift-giving holiday.
2) Even very young children can answer these questions: Do you like that toy? Do you want to keep that toy? Would you like to donate that toy to a child with no toys?
3) Clear containers are perfect for toys. Children can see everything easily.
4) Try rotating toys every few months. Kids get bored, and it cuts down on the clutter in the playroom.
5) Hunt down a few charities in your neighborhood that need/want toys. Make periodic visits with your children. You'll get to declutter AND teach your kids about charity!
[ add comment ] | permalink
Saturday, May 20, 2006, 09:40 AMToday is my birthday. For all of my loyal customers, rest assured that I love my work so much, I will gladly work with you on this day.
By the way - my crazy husband set this up for me so I'm just getting going! Stay Tuned for more ....
[ 1 comment ] ( 52 views ) | permalink